Sunday, May 18, 2008

Family Vacation!

After the greatest concert ever (see post below) my family and I went on a road trip to Disneyland! We had such a great time for the 5 days we were there. Now, 5 days is a lot of Disneyland to take in but it actually was perfect. We were there right when it opened so we could be first in line for Finding Nemo or Fantasyland because those are the ones with long lines and no fast passes. But the rest of the day we could just hit whatever we wanted and not feel rushed. Since it is off season there is practically no one there so the longest you wait in line is maybe 30 minutes. This means you get a fast pass, stand in line to ride, then get off and use your fast pass to ride again. Love it! Brian, Ann, and Elise were with us and it was so fun to see Elise take in her first Disneyland experience. She didn't really understand too much of what was going on, but she loved the Pooh and Dumbo rides as well as introducing each of us to whoever might be our waiter or in the elevator. She is so fun!

After Disneyland we drove down to Arizona to visit Jason and Jen. Jason graduated from Law School at ASU! These three years have flown by and a lot of hard work, dedication, perseverance, and love and support from all for Jason AND Jen finally paid off. Jason is taking the bar in July and will be starting a new job with a firm dealing with medical malpractice suits and he'll be doing litigation. We are so proud of them! Love you guys!!! Also, they gave the most exciting news that a couple from Utah has picked them for adoption! In July they will be blessed with a baby boy! It has been a long, hard road with numerous obstacles but blessings are being poured upon them. I can't wait! Congratulations again!

After graduation my parents, Tyler and I drove to Tucson to visit my aunt and uncle Jan and Victor and their girls, Sam and Hailey. They just moved into a beautiful home! Sam had a dance recital that night and asked me to help with her hair and makeup. She kept asking me if I was an expert because I was doing such a good job. Ha ha! She is such a sweetheart and she did a great job performing. We had a short but wonderful visit with them and went on our way. We had a long drive home ahead. All in all, the vacation was full of memories and made me realize even more how much I love my family!

3 comments:

The Cowleys said...

SO jealous! Disneyland really is the happiest place on earth. I had no idea Jason and Jen were going through the adoption process. That is so exciting though! One of my best friends adopted a little boy in December and it was also a rough time, but now they are even more grateful for him!

Ann said...

We love you too Aunt Jenny! Disneyland was a blast, Elise is still talking about Mickey and the water.

Miranda said...

How are you ? Did your family survive a trip to Disneyland that didn't involve dance? Oh the good ol days !!! It is great to see you. I look forward to reading more posts !!!

Mandi