Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What now?

As I meet people or see family and friends this is usually how the conversation goes:

Person: "Hi! How are you?"
Me: "I am just fabulous. How are you?"
Person: "Doing good. What are you up to these days? Didn't you graduate?"
Me: "Yes, yes I did graduate."
Person: "That is great! What now?"
Me: "...Um, that's a great question... (cricket, cricket)..."

That is the million dollar question the past while and I still haven't quite found the answer to it. But, I have made a little progress.

After a summer packed to the max of EFY goodness I knew I would need to be getting a job and quite possibly a grown up job. Yikes. So, naturally, I put it off. I worked at the SLCC College Store doing the online orders during rush which kept me very busy each day and, of course, put off the job search some more. But now that is over.

The non-profit organization I was working with put on our first event, Largest Capture the Flag Game, August 29 and it was a blast! We didn't get the turnout we would have liked to see but with local schools holding events and it being Labor Day weekend we were pleased with the amount that came. Everyone had a great time and wanted to do it again so that's the plan. October 25 we'll be playing Capture the Flag again (look for more updates). But now... that isn't over.

Me, Kelsea, and Bryce. They are the brains of the outfit.

I have recently been named Director of Marketing and Business Development for World Youth Programs. That means a LOT of my time and energy will be going into making the foundation for this organization what it needs to be to have a successful future. Talk about pressure. But, with the help from my all-knowing (well with business plans) brother Brian I am excited to put what I have learned into use and get some more experience to possibly assist me if I decide to get a Masters in the future.

Being in the boat of an unknowing future, it could really bring one down, but I'm great! I am actually enjoying myself living at home, getting to see my family more, bought a new phone (but lost ALL numbers so please give me yours!), tried out and made a college age dance team, went neon dancing, attend the UofU Institute, and joined the Activities Committee at the Institute.

And made a new blog post. :) Things are looking up!

6 comments:

Leah and Mike said...

Yay!! Congrats on the job!! Sounds like things are going great for you. You sure are busy...with a little fun in between, right :)

Brandi said...

What a great feeling to finally have answers to the "what now" question! Stay busy and be happy Jenny! the whole world is out there. Fill me in on When you get a minute, The dance team that you made, and the institute class you are taking. Love ya!

Our Fun Times said...

Sweet girl, it sounds like a lot of cool things are going on in your life...and look at you all grown up with a sweet new job! :) Awesome! Hey I don't have my cell with me right now. but my number is (801-391-4542) Goodluck with everything!

Linds Forrest said...

Way to go on all those achievements! You have always been so impressive with everything you do, you are amazing!! Super crazy having a grown up job huh?! LAME! So that means we should do lunch! :) Glad you had such a rockin summer. 865-0644

Bethany said...

for saying you have nothing going on, you are quite the busy. cant wait for our sleepover :)

The Cowleys said...

Jenny! This makes me realize how much I miss you. And the neon dancing?..well I will pretend I didn't miss out on that! Enjoy this time in your life, it's probably nice to have a "clean slate" of sorts.