Monday, February 23, 2009

Oh To Be Able To Breathe...


I wonder why this invention didn't go big...


For a week now I have been sick with a cold. Ick. I could feel something was coming on so I was trying to prevent it, but I failed. Not miserably, but failed nonetheless. I had the congested/runny nose, slight cough, and just feeling blah. Nothing too major but still sick.

But what I really have missed is being able to breathe out of both my nostrils at once with clarity. (This may be a little too much information for some of you, and I apologize for that, but I promised to blog more and this is what's up right now.)

This morning I saw a glimmer of sunshine though. The left nostril (the one giving me most/all the problems) had opened a teeny space for some airflow and it was great. There is hope. I have been taking meds like a crazy (don't worry- the good kind) and drinking as much water as I can. This in turn makes me have to use the bathroom oh so often, which I hate, but that is a story for a different post at a different time. And so it continues... meds, sleep, vitamin c, and lots of agua.

"Here comes the sun (du dn du du)..."

2 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

If it makes you feel better, I permanenately can't breathe out my nostrils cause I have 'large nostril membranes'.

Girl sorry you are sick!! That's the pits. Love your guts!

The Cowleys said...

I hate winter. Each week a new family member has a cold, which means in will just circulate around to everyone at some point. I have to suggest "Zycam". It is amazing. There are a few different ones, but I am talking about the nose swabs. I'm telling ya...works like a charm!