Thursday, March 5, 2009

Just Be"CAUSE"

If you don't know I work for a non-profit organization called Enterprise Mentors International. Mentors provides business training, mentoring, and microfinance services to struggling entrepeneurs in developing nations. I helped out with their gala last November (What up now???) and the success was awesome!!! I was hired full time and have loved it so much!

My co-worker and I have been working on ways to get the Mentors name out in the community more. Mentors helps so many people in need in other countries but because it is international many locals haven't heard of it. So, I'm making this post!

I have added a DONATE NOW button to the right column of my blog page that will take you directly to the PayPal site under Mentors name. I know that the economy is in such a state that there is cash coming out of your ears and you don't know what to do with it. Ok, maybe that's not true, but with only $50 someone immersed in poverty can get the training and resources necessary to become self-sufficient. Then they repay the loan and it goes to help another in need! How wonderful is that?!

For those of you on Facebook, Enteprise Mentors International has a group that would love you to be a member of! You can find updates for monthly events the Youth Outreach Committee is a part of as well as client and organization information. Also, Mentors has just created a CAUSE application. I have pledged to raise $100 before April 5 so if you are willing and able to donate please click HERE to help out!

I could go on about Mentors and how great it is (kinda biased because I do work there, but really). I am not going to post much about this because I don't want this to turn into a work blog. We have one already - MENTORS. Please check it out for updates or more info or visit our website at www.enterprise-mentors.org.

P.S. Any social media experts out there? Any advice you may have is greatly appreciated :)

0 comments: