Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Sweet Escape

Ok so this Arizona trip was way too fun. I loved every minute of it. Except for coming home when I got super sick suddenly. Real lame. But it went away just as suddenly which is real great. So instead of giving a play by play of the trip I will just list a bunch of highlights.

-Having the whole back seat of the mini-van to myself. Sleeping the whole way was wonderful.
-The amazingly nice weather.
-Seeing Gavin smile and coo at me.
-Getting what looked like a ginormous egg yoke with my dinner at the world famous Cow Palace. If you haven't been there, try it out. You won't be disappointed.
-Playing Rock Band until 2 with the cousins.
-Learning to play hand and foot and not doing too badly.
-Finding out my Wii Fit age is 20.
-Hearing Trevor, Zak, and Jason talk about their missions. So interesting.
-Jen telling me I should hang around her more often because I think she's funny.
-Tucking Sam and Hailey in for bed which included kisses and singing "You are my sunshine".
-Playing with whipped cream with Zak. Smelling it for hours afterward- not so much a highlight.
-Buying way more than I should have at the mall but am going to look hot!
-Eating at Paradise cafe. A couple times.
-Eating at Cheesecake Factory (although I didn't get to eat my white chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake. Sad.)
-Having 2 great friends drive up from Tucson to come to dinner. (Thanks again Linds and Whit! Love you girls!)
-Wearing socks with flip flops cause it was FREEZING!
-Taking a bath for the first time since I was, I don't know, 6 maybe?
-Seeing the giant hole. Also known as the Grand Canyon.
-Visiting so much family that I love and miss. Who could ask for more?


4 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Looks and sounds like a fun trip!! You look quite fabulous my dear. And that picture of you saying "I am smart" is SO funny!! I just love you!

Bethany said...

so glad you had fun on your trip. i'd love to chat. is it what i think it's about?? call me sugar!

Leah and Mike said...

What a fun trip! Glad you guys got to go down there and see your cute new nephew again :)

Kawika and Aly and Emma said...

Hey Jenny...it's your most FAVORITE person in the whole wide world...Alyson!! I am what you call a blog stalker...HOW ARE YOU?? Miss you loads. You look A-Mazing by the way!!